Next Monday’s City Council meeting is going to be informative and inspiring - a can’t miss! And we need you there!
Come June 8th to find out what you can do to protect our kids, pets, bees, butterflies, sea creatures, and all the rest of us from the effects of toxic pesticides.
Help South Portland join the 24 other towns in Maine that have restricted the use of pesticides!
What: City Council Workshop: Pesticides, Herbicides, and Toxic Lawn Chemicals
When: Monday, June 8th at 6:30PM
Where: City Hall, SP
Jay Feldman from Beyond Pesticides (Washington, DC)
• one of the top pesticide experts in the country.
• appointed by Obama to the National Organic Standards Board Chip Osborne from Osborne Organics (Marblehead, MA)
• 35 years experience as a professional horticulturist.
• national speaker on organic landscape/athletic fields Mary Cerullo from Friends of Casco Bay (South Portland)
• marine educator and author
• 17 years protecting Casco Bay
The panel will discuss compelling reasons why we should consider a natural approach to lawn care, and organic turf management practices, (both municipal and private), that can effectively replace chemical-intensive methods with better results at a competitive cost.
Casco Bay is in deep trouble from pesticide and chemical fertilizer use. Public health, stormwater runoff, and water quality issues are all reasons why we should reduce our dependence on synthetic and chemical products to grow our lawns and gardens.
What happens in South Portland depends on YOU!
Your presence is needed to show our council that there’s a strong concern in our community!
Would you like one of our brand new
“Bee friendly/no pesticides” sign for your yard?
Text or call: Abby Huntoon 712-6125
(Signs for sale at the workshop Monday)
- Meg and the Protect South Portland Team